PRIOR TO APPLICATION
Prior to application, candidates are advised of the requirement of Internet access and should become familiar with the Syllabus website. The Syllabus website and Syllabus Student Portal, are our primary communication and academic course delivery tools. Students are responsible for keeping informed of curriculum changes, important dates, news, events, policies, procedures, and other issues by frequent review of the website and their student portal account, as well as email.
WHEN TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted year-round, but are only reviewed twice a year, prior to the start of studio terms.
Application deadlines for consideration prior to the start of each studio term is as follows:
- Received by December 15th for Term 1 (February-June)
- Received by June 15th for Term 2 (September-December)
DIPLOMA PROGRAM APPLICATION PROCESS: HOW TO APPLY
NEW: Effective May 1, 2018, all student applications are to be completed and submitted online, through the new RAIC Syllabus Student Portal. Paper and mailed-in applications will no longer be processed.
- Review the following information pages:
2. Create an Account
- To access the Student Portal 'Create an Account' page, click on the green student login button, located at the top of the RAIC Syllabus home page. This will take you to the Student Portal login page.
- Click on 'Create an Account' at the bottom of the Student Portal login page.
- Complete all required fields and submit.
- An email will be sent to you to verify your account. Follow the instructions given accordingly to finalize your account. (Please use a personal email address in order to ensure you have continuous use of the email address)
- Once in your account, click the "Application" tab, and complete the form as required.
- Submit the following documents as PDFs when prompted and complete the required form fields.
- Personal and Professional Information Application Form (fill in the fields provided)
- Scanned copies of all original post-secondary diplomas*
- Scanned copies of all official post-secondary transcripts*
- Scanned copies of original high school diplomas**
- Scanned copies of official high school transcripts**
- Design portfolio (5 - 10 images. The purpose of the portfolio is to introduce yourself, your interests, and your abilities. The portfolio should be of your original work, nothing that was created in a firm or office. For more information see our FAQ page)
- Two signed letters of reference (A reference should be someone that you have been directly accountable to. This could be a teacher, a professor, a supervisor, or an employer)
- A 500-word essay (Topic: Why I want to study Architecture)
*Required if you attended a post-secondary institution
**Only required if you did not attend a post-secondary institution
NOTE: English as a Second Language (ESL) applicants must provide evidence of passing the TOEFL (213+computer based or 555+ paper-based OR 100+ iBT) or CAEL (70 overall; 60 each section), or IELTS ESOL (Cambridge - with a band score of 5.5 or above)
4. Advanced Standing
- If you wish to apply for advanced standing in either academic and/or studio courses, complete the Advanced Standing portion of the online application.
- If you would like to apply for an Entry Credit Assessment, please consult, but do not complete, the following documents prior to:
- If you would like to submit for Studio Advanced Standing, please review our Studio Advanced Standing Policy.
5. Application Fee
- Once you have completed the application, you will be taken to the checkout page. All payments must be made by credit card (Master Card or Visa are both accepted)
- If you are paying for the application only, a $350.00 Application Fee (plus applicable taxes) will be applied.
- If you are applying for an Entry Credit Assessment, an additional $450.00 Assessment Fee (plus applicable taxes) will be added.
- If you are applying for an Advanced Studio Standing Assessment, an additional $150.00 Assessment Fee (plus applicable taxes) will be added for each portfolio submitted, up to $350.00 (plus applicable taxes) for all three.
6. Review Process
- All submitted applications will be reviewed after the term submission deadline, unless a student is applying to begin the academic courses in the middle of a studio term.
- Upon review, all applicants will be informed of the status of their application via email. The status of Entry Credit and Studio Advanced Standing Applications will also be shared via email when available.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page: click here.
Or contact the Syllabus office at: email@example.com
Revised 2007, 2017, 2018 ~ Subject to change without notice