Entry Credit Assessments: Theory, History and Technical Courses
Click here for the Entry Credit Assessment Form
Entry Credit Assessments are directed toward previously completed post-secondary courses at accredited institutions.
Diploma applicants wishing to appeal for advanced standing based on previously completed post-secondary courses submit the following to the Registrar:
- TWO (2) Official Transcripts. Some institutions will not release transcripts to students, in which case the applicant will enclose a photocopy of the request for transcript sent to the institution, and the assessment will be held in abeyance until transcripts are received by the Syllabus Registrar.
- ONE (1) set of digital copies (pdfs) of detailed course outlines (not calendar descriptions), including reading lists, assignment requirements and evaluation methodologies, name of instructor, credit value of completed course, duration and final mark obtained.
- ONE (1) digital (pdf) Advanced Standing Request Form (summary comparison chart).
- Payment of $450.00 plus applicable taxes, for Entry Credit Assessment Fee.
The Entry Credit Assessment fee will be processed when the assessment is processed.
The Entry Credit Assessment can be submitted upon application, or once accepted.
Be sure to include the Entry Credit Assessment form with your request. Click here for the form.
Proposed Equivalent Appeals:
Taking Courses Outside of the Syllabus While a Student of the Syllabus
Should a student wish to take courses at another institution while enrolled in the Syllabus, with the intent to transfer credits toward Syllabus courses, permission must first be obtained from the Registrar. The Proposed Equivalent Appeal fee will be processed at the time of assessment.
Prior to enrolment at the institution, the student must forward the following documentation, along with their request, to the Registrar:
- ONE (1) digital copy (pdfs) of detailed course outlines (not calendar descriptions), including reading lists, assignment requirements and evaluation methodologies, name of instructor, credit value of completed course, duration and pass mark required.
E&oe: revised: 2017-07-11