Christine Lintott Architects Inc is actively seeking experienced and well aligned individuals to join their award winning team of design professionals.
Position / Title:
Architectural Technologist AIBC
Level of Experience:
Intermediate / Junior
Highly competitive, commensurate with experience
CLA is a highly innovative Victoria based practice with a passion for creativity, collaboration and robust environmentally sound designs that respond to the neighbourhoods and communities in which we work
We advocate architecture as an agent of community regeneration and have developed a portfolio of work that is broad and resilient, servicing the needs of clients in the non-profit, public and private sectors at all scales and typologies. The common thread is our commitment to the community and the opportunity to support positive, impactful change over time.
Our work is steeped in place, resolving human environmental challenges through the lens of site specific ecology - both natural and cultural. We see every project that we are involved with as an opportunity to positively impact the site and the experience of the people who will use it. We don’t ask how can we do less bad. We ask how can we do good.
We work together as a team in a relaxed, open office and support a highly collaborative, relationship based working environment that focuses on personal growth in service to our projects, our clients and our community.
• An active learning environment where every project is seen as an opportunity for individual and organizational growth
• Exposure to a wide variety of projects at all scales including multi family residential, infill housing (we were instrumental in developing the City of Victoria Missing Middle housing initiative), schools, community centres, office and retail, mixed use, affordable housing, master planning and urban design.
• A collaborative and supportive approach to design and documentation with frequent and constructive feedback conversations
• Support for continuing education, professional development and career growth including support for registration as an Architectural Technologist with the AIBC
• Flexible working schedules and support for remote working opportunities
• A healthy work life balance that sees consistent overtime as a management issue.
• A comprehensive compensation package including:
o Highly competitive salary
o Extended health including dental and vision care
o Three weeks paid vacation plus a week between Christmas and New Years
We are looking for experienced technologists to join and support our award winning team of design professionals.
Candidates for Senior Architectural Technologist will have a minimum of five years of industry experience, and Intermediates two to three years experience. Junior Technologists may come straight from completion of an appropriate Building Technology program, we will look forward to continuing your learning experience.
Successful candidates will be:
• Self starting and well organized
• Curious about the world around them
• Conscientious, with a strong work ethic
• Detail oriented and comfortable producing high quality, accurate drawings
• Collaborative and open to discussion of ideas
• Interested in issues of sustainability and regenerative design
• Self expressive, with excellent verbal and visual communication skills
and will have:
• A diploma from a Building Technology program at an accredited post-secondary institution
• Industry experience, commensurate with the position applied for. This will ideally be from all stages of the building making process
• Proficiency in Revit. We work exclusively in BIM and require fluency in this environment
• Strong working knowledge of building science including construction methodologies, assemblies, details and building envelope performance.
• Good working knowledge of Part 3 and Part 9 of BC Building Code, and the ability to analyze municipal zoning bylaws
Please send your resume, drawing samples and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org