The Syllabus year consists of two terms for Studio Delivery.
Term 1 (February 1 - June 15)
Term 2 (August 1 - December 15)
Academic courses are offered starting on the 1st of each month, with registration deadline being the 10th of previous month (i.e. April 10th deadline with a start date of May 1st).
The Syllabus operations are supported by student fees.
The annual re-enrollment fee is $325 for the school year. This fee helps us deliver studios throughout Canada and assist student reps with organizing local activities for students and mentors. The annual re-enrollment fee is due by February each year. For a detailed list of fees for each course, including academic courses, please see refer the the Syllabus Course Fee Table.
Payment may be made by cheque, money order, VISA, or MasterCard. Fees must be paid in full at the beginning of each term. Make cheques payable to “RAIC Syllabus”.
A $25.00 charge will be levied for NSF cheques or declined VISA/Mastercard deductions. Additional administrative charges may be charged for courier, photocopying or other disbursements.
Registrations received after February 1st for Term 1 & August 1st for Term 2 will be levied late charges of:
$25.00 (Feb 2 - Feb 6);
$50.00 (Feb 7 - Feb 11);
$100.00 (Feb 12 - March 1)
If registrations are not receive prior to the start of the term of March 1st, students will have their accounts deactivate immediately. If students wish to resume their studies, a $350 reapplication fee will be charged.
Student Association Fees
Contact your Student Representative for details.
Administrative charges are 100% non-refundable. 50% of Studio fees paid in full at the beginning of a term are refundable up to March 1st in Term 1, and September 1st in Term 2, after which no refund will be issued.
Students who wish to receive an official copy of their Syllabus transcript must fill out the Transcript Request Form and submit it to the Registrar's office.
The fee for this service is a flat $10.00 plus applicable taxes, for up to three (3) copies.
RAIC Syllabus Administrative Fees
$ 350.00 Application/Reapplication Fee - Due: upon application/reapplication
Application/Reapplication Fees are required when a candidate first applies to the Syllabus or when a student has failed to submit Registration Forms & Fees at the beginning of each term.
Deadlines for application/re-applications: Term 1 = December 15th Term 2 = June 15th
$ 450.00 Credit Assessment Fee - Due: when requesting assessment
Assessment Fees are required when a candidate first applies to the Syllabus and wishes to receive Transfer credits for courses completed prior to application to the Syllabus Program.
$ 250.00 Proposed Equivalent Appeal Fee (per course) - Due: when requesting equivalency
Proposed Equivalent Appeal Fees are required when a current Syllabus student applies for an assessment of equivalency status for a course available outside of the Syllabus.
$ 325.00 Re-enrollment Fee - Due by: February 1st
All Diploma Program students pay a $325.00 re-enrollment fee whether or not a student will be actively participating in the design studio and/or taking academic courses with Athabasca.
All students must register at the beginning of each year, regardless of whether they are taking courses or not, in order to maintain active student status.
Local Design Chapters may require additional fees for local expenses.
Applicable taxes will be charged based on the province of residence
$ 100.00 Architectural Experience Late Submission Fee (Policy in Effect September 1, 2017)
It is the student's responsibility to adhere to the work experience requirements of the RAIC Syllabus program. Copies of duly completed Canadian Experience Record Books (CERB) sections are to be sent by the student to the registrar every 900 - 1000 hours. Students must submit scanned copies of experience books within 8 weeks of the date of last entry.
- Submission after the 8 week period will result in the charging of a late submission fee.
- Experience hours submitted more than 1000 hours will result in the charging of a late submission fee.
- Please see the Submission of Architectural Experience Policy on our website for further information.
*All RAIC Syllabus Fees are subject to applicable taxes*
FINANCIAL POLICY : ALLOCATION OF EXPENSES
The following expenses are borne by the RAIC Syllabus:
1. Administrative expenses
2. Annual Coordinators Meeting @ RAIC Festival of Architecture
3. Annual Advisory Council meeting @ RAIC Festival of Architecture
4. Annual Student Representative meeting @ RAIC Festival of Architecture:
- Flight plus 2 days accommodation
- Local taxis from airport to hotel
- Student/Intern registration package to Festival
5. Design Studio expenses as follows only:
- Director and/or Registrar Design Tour expenses
- location rental
- Coordinator & Mentor recruitment & honoraria
- Coffee and other refreshments (must be approved by RAIC Office in advance)
6. Academic Examiners Meeting expenses including:
- meeting space
- meeting expenses (meal, etc.)
- phone, courier, photocopying, etc.
- travel, accommodation
7. Academic examination expenses including:
- examination centre & invigilation
- Examiner recruitment and honoraria
8. Regional events organized by Syllabus Student Rep (must be approved by Syllabus Office in advance):
- Mentor/Student appreciation dinners (up to 1 per term)
- Photocopying related to invitations or studio presentations (Student Rep only)
The following expenses are the responsibility of the Syllabus Student Association and not part of the Syllabus budget:
1. Student Association general expenses.
2. Student and National Awards (pins, certificates).
3. Travel and expenses for Local Representatives to National, Regional or Local functions.